Reykjavík is a cosmopolitan city, bustling with energy. There are many things to see and a walking tour is the easiest and most inexpensive way to learn more about our lovely city! By joining a walking tour in Reykjavík, you can discover places that you might have missed on your own. You can buy a Reykjavík walking tour here online.
There are several types of walking tours available in Reykjavík. The classic ones, meaning you could go for a classic walking tour of downtown Reykjavík, covering the main landmarks. You could also combine a walking tour with another theme, e.g. food, cats, the LGBTQ community or beer & booze.
The Reykjavík walking tours Options:
What are the differences between walking tours?
- Reykjavík City Walk – A great introduction to Reykjavík, covering its history, culture and landmarks. A local guide will take you to some of the most famous sites, such as Hallgrímskirkja church and Harpa Concert Hall
- Reykjavík Food Lovers Tour will bring you to some of Reykjavík’s best restaurants where you can sample traditional Icelandic food and learn about the country’s culinary history and traditions
- Reykjavík Folklore Walking Tour delves into the more supernatural aspects of Icelandic culture, such as ghosts, elves and hidden people in some of the city’s spookiest locations
- The Reykjavík CatWalk explores the myths about cats in Iceland and the world, look out for the city’s famous cats and visit Reykjavík’s only cat café
- Reykjavík Beer & Booze Tour takes you to some of Reykjavík’s best bars & pubs. You’ll get a taste of the local beer and spirits and learn about Icelandic drinking culture